WELCOME

Welcome to my Blog, this is where I talk about my latest projects. View my website here: www.lisakannakko.com

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Moving forward, appreciating the past.



I find it amazing that six years of shooting weddings has flown past. Shooting my final wedding with Ikonica last month made me feel a bit melancholy; mostly because working with this terrific company made the task so much more enjoyable.

When my daughter was five months old, I remember being awake in the middle of the night thinking that I had to get back into shooting and weddings popped into my head. I sent out about 45 inquiries with resumes attached and got calls from a handful of studios. Luckily for me the timing was right and I joined the best team in town. I logged hundreds of hours behind the camera and my fear of shooting strangers disappeared.  I learned about being accountable to my clients, delivering the best images I could and trusting my instincts.

As I move forward building my commercial & editorial work I always keep two rules in mind:  Always be prepared and never miss the moment!








1 comment:

  1. Lisa, I had so much fun shooting with you those few times with Ikonica :) You brought a really fresh & unique perspective to their team.

    I'm always checking out your projects on here - I'm always curious to see what you're working on!

    -Angela

    ReplyDelete