WELCOME

Welcome to my Blog, this is where I talk about my latest projects. View my website here: www.lisakannakko.com

Saturday, October 6, 2012

World Provider



In the late 90's I used to play in a band, which was definitely the best use of my energy and creativity at the time. We had a big apartment over Spadina in the market where we could make loud music at all times of day and night. Weekly we would play shows in stinky little dives and make many a new friend over melodic themes.
It was through this time, as I continually photographed my friends and our shows, that I started to collect my direction and believe that this photo thing was more then a pipe dream. This realization would eventually lead me to put down the microphone while keeping my camera permanently fixed to my hand.

When old friends from this time period come to town I like to photograph them. I shot this portrait of Malcolm Fraser last year, his handle is World Provider.

No comments:

Post a Comment